rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The slow death of California

The slow death of California

Quote: (08-21-2014 09:45 PM)Travesty444 Wrote:  

Quote: (08-21-2014 09:38 PM)CaP7 Wrote:  

Quote: (08-21-2014 08:54 PM)Drazen Wrote:  

I used to worry about such matters, but I just learned to ignore. For the most part, wasting time trying to change the system is fruitless. Much happier, everything is still the same. I'm really happy in California and it is due to the weather and number of activities. The people suck here though, there's no getting around it.

In my mind, it's like worrying about feminism. CA is gonna be CA. I'll leave when I can find a better lifestyle.

People suck everywhere. Try moving to a city like St. Louis and telling people that you came from California. Roughly 1% of the population there would hang out with you, unless you became a Cardinals fan.

Nope.

They are much nicer, cooler, and down to earth in Chicago and Denver hands down. Though they may not be as "interesting" as guys trying to break into entertainment or an art.

I am sure there are dozens of other cities that are the same way.

Many people in SoCal do suck for the most part. Especially the natives and double that for the white natives. There is a surfacey personality to them. Cliquey. Lower-middle class and non-whites seem more genuine and friendly as well in SoCal. I'm white here my best friends are transplants, Asians, and Latinos.

NorCal seems to create more genuine people.

Look, I have the same hard time connecting with the Pacific Palisades, USC/UCLA alum, parents-are-from-here crowd as anyone else. I just choose to look inward. The reason I don't connect with them is because we don't have anything to offer each other.

I'm in my 30's, and looking to go out boozing and banging chicks on the reg. Most of those people want to tailgate at the football game, go out to group dinner dates, and get into the first possible LTR, with the first acceptable girl they can find, to show off to their friends/family.

You can say something like this about any city, the characteristic just takes on different forms.

Example: I love Dallas. I love the girls, the people, and the atmosphere. There are tons of people that suck in Dallas. Sports are religion there. Bars are packed at 4pm every Saturday. Lots of rednecks out looking to fight. Girls expecting you to immediately wife them up after 3 dates. Ghetto crowds that infiltrate normal bars and clubs. Stupid arguments about whose college was better.

It doesn't matter if the people suck or not. It matters that you can be successful, and thus, happy. In California, it is easy to be successful and build a great lifestyle (minus the house).

If you can't be successful in L.A., you're not trying hard enough. There are opportunities everywhere for people that hustle. If you don't like the people here, you haven't looked long enough for the right neighborhood to hang out in. You haven't networked hard enough to find people with your same identity.

I live in Santa Monica, and yes, the people royally suck here. It takes a lot longer to fit in. I don't really care. It's more about me, and finding people that I connect with, and that are on the same level I am. You only need a few to really make a difference in your life.

Additionally, if you can't find friends in San Diego, it's you, not them. That has to be the EASIEST place in America to pick up 4-5 friends in a couple of months. Most everyone there is looking to "chill" almost every night. L.A. and SF? Different story sure.

Messages In This Thread