rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Want to Live the Life: Seeking Income from $30k USD

Want to Live the Life: Seeking Income from k USD

Hey brethren, I've been lurking on RVF for years to great benefit. Some of y'all are kind enough to share REAL info based on your hard-won experience. I could really use some.

I would like--no, I am going to be spending some extended time in EE or Colombia. My plan is to suss out places and chicas where I could stay with long term and be happy.

I've got 30K cash and a 750+ FICO. I have no returns/w2's (I've been working abroad) so no conforming mortgage loans are avail to me.
I can get 'firm terms' stated income house loan for anything over 100k, the limiting factor is the 30% down required. I could pony up to 50k. This is an ARM at 7.5%.After mort, ins, taxes, misc-- I might net 1000 free per month.
My idea is to rent the property and live humbly abroad on the income and my online editing work. I'm thinking ~$1500-2k per month might be a doable minimum.

I live simply. I cook for myself and work/recreate on the net. I like cafe's and pubs - but drink little. I'm pretty handy with a guitar and enjoy jamming and working on tunes with my boys. My big costs are I'm a sportsman: country club sports + gymwork mostly. I see myself daygaming and looking for a few dating steadies (harem is too player a term for what I'm seeking) to penetrate and sightsee with.

Since I'm going abroad poss. to stay, I was thinking 'why are you getting tangled up in property?' Could I do just as well trading? I haven't much experience in that-- although I'm very numerate (MBA)and was a bond analyst back in the day. Forex? Options? Stocks? Or d'ya think I would just piss it all away learning?
My goals seem so modest -- $50/day trading-- that the confident part of me says, 'sure, no prob'. So big brothers, what would you do??

I appreciate y'alls insights.

Messages In This Thread