rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Asian Women and Lying in the Context of Long-term Relationships

Asian Women and Lying in the Context of Long-term Relationships

[bump: 2017-09-13]

With more and more Western men arriving in Asia, this topic seems worth a bump.

Quote: (08-19-2014 10:56 AM)Beyond Borders Wrote:  

Please note that this is about women from native Asian cultures rather than Asians as an ethnicity.

But, wait! The source of the problem actually is Asian. In my 10+ years living in Thailand, the locals here all lie, about almost everything. Even when there’s no benefit to lying, they lie. No exceptions that I’ve found so far among Thais.

And emphatically not just the women. The men, here, too, and they boast about it.

Where I live, in Bangkok, also large numbers of Chinese-Thai and Indian-Thai. Families here for generations. They all lie, just in different ways. To reduce the effect of the constant lies, it's worth understanding those different ways.

So I wish the title was something like, “Culture Shock Asia: The Lying”. It would more accurately explain the reality.

Exceptions to the lying might be found among the few Christian converts in the local population. But so few as to be hardly worth considering.

The big question in my mind is, why? How does endless lying benefit them individually and socially? (I think I have the answer to that, but I need to read deeper into the thread: Perhaps someone else here has already explained the reason.)

Messages In This Thread