rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Impressions from Rio Carnaval (Flag Obtained)

Impressions from Rio Carnaval (Flag Obtained)

Quote: (03-14-2011 12:16 AM)Vacancier Permanent Wrote:  

Great report man!
Btw, did you attend any of the samba school parades at the sambodromo? I did Rio durning Carnaval 2 years ago and had a blast. The highlight of my trip was attending the samba school parades at the sambodromo as I love samba and have been watching it for years on tv and after watching it live, I was blown away. Never seen anything that grandiose, that beautiful.
Anyways, thanks for the report man, it made me feel a lot of saudades of Rio and Brasil.

Haha, I'm glad this brought back some good memories for you. We didn't go to the sambodromo but I attended a Samba school event/ concert when I went out with one of the girls and you are right, it was great. It's a really grand production for sure. It was also cool because the girl knew how to Samba and tried to teach me a little bit and we both had fun laughing at how hopeless I was.

Quote: (03-14-2011 12:16 AM)Dash Global Wrote:  

Good lord, your friend didnt wanna take you to Lapa for safety reasons?!?!? He was being WAY over the top. I would have just told him im going with or without ya. No way to pass up on Lapa on the weekend. Place is mad fun and u get to chill with normal young B's. Next time bro def hit that place up. Also hit up Botofogo and Flamingo for more authentic nightlife spots. Only hitting up Ipanema and Leblon is not really getting a feel for the real Rio imo.

Well, we were gonna go to Casa da Matriz so he wasn't completely against it but we kind of lost our energy by the end and with it our motivation to go there. I wasn't about to ditch my friend either, considering all that he was doing for me and how he was going out of his way to make sure I had an incredible time. We got in a small argument over that sort of thing one night and I felt really bad/ungrateful afterwards because of how awesome of a host he was being. I can see where he was coming from too: he's relatively new there and when you are more or less guiding someone else's safety, you are naturally more cautious. It was awesome so obviously I'm set on going back and I'm sure there will be plenty of opportunities to see more, especially if he stays down there on a more permanent basis, which it looks like he will.

Messages In This Thread