rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Your experience abroad speaking the language/not speaking the language

Your experience abroad speaking the language/not speaking the language

Becoming conversational - but far from fluid - in Bulgarian (been living here for a year and a half, but slacking off with language studies for too long until recently, learning only very basic words and phrases) is actually something I expect to become a potentially awkward stage.
Having conversations - particularly when it comes to dating and daygame - in a language I'm far from fluent in will undoubtedly make me feel at a severe disadvantage compared to native or fluent speakers, and outside of nightgame (too damn loud in clubs for my ears, so I'm inclined towards more of a caveman style there) conversation is what I consider one of my strong points.

When I reach the point of competence in Bulgarian - but well short of fluency - I suspect I'll still mostly try to speak English to girls, and then resort to Bulgarian when their English is very weak (in those cases I'm extremely limited in what I can do with verbal humour and teasing anyway), or otherwise just sprinkle it into the conversation.

Messages In This Thread