rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Societal obsession with music.

Societal obsession with music.

Quote: (08-14-2014 03:00 AM)Jose Bolsiski Wrote:  

1) Is there any music indifferent people around here in the forum? Has it impaired your social life somehow?

I was sort of like you until I reached high school. Afterwards, I got really obsessed with metal and its various sub-genres, namely thrash metal, speed metal, death metal, and black metal. After high school, I started to open up a bit more and started to enjoy other genres such as rock and electronic. However, I sort of know how you feel - you are just indifferent to music.

To be honest, I think that liking metal so much during high school somewhat impaired my social life. They weren't any other metalheads at my school so it was hard to relate to my peers. Furthermore, I was very judgmental of person's musical taste and I often looked down on people who didn't like the same music as I did.

After high school, I loosened up a bit and I started not to care about a person's music preference since it was pointless.

2)Should I feel guilty for not liking music? I read somewhere that between 2-4% of the population have "musical anhedonia".

Why should you feel guilty for not liking music?

If someone told me they do not like music, I wouldn't care. Trust me, it is a lot better than people who say they like every music genre since it shows that person doesn't really have personality or does not know who they are for that matter.

3)What is the opinion of musicians here about people that are completely indifferent to music.

I am not a musician but after studying a bit about music I think I can somewhat answer this question.

At its most basic function, music is supposed to bring people together. It is similar to drinking or sports in that way.

Therefore, when you tell person that you do not like music or any other activity that brings people together, it sub-communicates that you don't like hanging out with people or bonding with other people. That explains why some people, especially girls, freak out or look at you strangely.

Overall, OP I wouldn't stress out about not liking music. Just keep it private. If someone asks you about music, just give a generic answer or be imaginative and say something ridiculous for your self-amusement. Its all about your frame at that point.

Trump is playing chess while Soros is playing checkers, and the other cucks are off playing Candyland at Jeb's house. - iop890

Messages In This Thread