rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Societal obsession with music.

Societal obsession with music.

Hello guys I swear to god this is not a troll thread. It is just an honest question.

I'm 23 years old and I have never ever had a like for any kind of music. It was always a "trouble" for me because as you can imagine a great deal of conversations with all kind of people revolve around of music. When I was in junior high and in high school I never liked music I was not dying to go to any concert or buy any musical paraphernalia. So I was always a little ostracized for not liking music. When I entered med school I thought I would somehow develop some taste for music but it never happened it. I tried with different genres but my efforts were futile. I have always thought that there was something wrong with me for not liking music. But I recently gave up on the subject entirely, I guess I have an obsession with books the same way people have an obsession with music. I read approximately 5 books a month for the last 2 years. And in my car I either drive silently or listen to some podcasts that I like.

Now my questions:

1) Is there any music indifferent people around here in the forum? Has it impaired your social life somehow?

2)Should I feel guilty for not liking music? I read somewhere that between 2-4% of the population have "musical anhedonia".

3)What is the opinion of musicians here about people that are completely indifferent to music.

Messages In This Thread