rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Things I've done this year to save money

Things I've done this year to save money

I'm not sure if a thread like this has been done, but I thought it would be a good idea to start a thread on things we've actually done this year to save money. A lot of it may be common sense stuff a lot of guys already know about or are doing, but maybe we will share ideas and clue guys into new ways to save some cash.

So this year I've saved money by:

Joining Costco buying stuff I need and will use over time in bulk, buying gas at their station and saving about an average of 25 cents per gallon over local stations, also buy purchasing a gift card they sell to my favorite local Mexican restaurant that I eat at every week ($100 gift card for only $70, a nice savings).

I use a lot of coupons, I don't have any shame, today I used a $1 off coupon for a bottle of Runa tea that was already on sale for $1.19, so it basically only cost me $0.19 cents. I use all kind of coupons for restaurants, grocery stores, etc. that save me money.

I prepay any time I can get a deal, I'm a movie nerd and there is still an independent video store in my town, if I prepay 10 movies, I get 10% off... Any time I can do something similar to this I will, I do it at the dry cleaners and other spots.

I use punchcards to get free sandwiches, burritos, burgers, movies, etc. Pretty basic, but if you frequent places enough, there's no reason why not to. I savor my free $4.50 blended mochas that much more.

I added my girlfriend at the time to my gym membership under a couples pass, that saved me $10 a month off what I usually would pay.

I quit buying so many supplements, and now only buy them when they are on sale.

I scour the discount and clearance racks at the supermarket and other stores for great deals on stuff, I pretty much only buy personal care products now when they are on sale for 50% off.

Finally, my last tip that I can remember is that I hit up free samples hard, there is a bin at my favorite local natural foods store, where I've scored about a year's worth of free moisturizer over the course of a few months, plus a grip of vitamins and supplements. If it's free I'll take it.

Messages In This Thread