rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

dancing or fighting?

dancing or fighting?

Martial arts specifically ones where you can spar/roll/randori at at least 80% intensity builds a strong attitude that is going to have a positive affect on your frame and game if you tweak it that way. So though I do what amounts to MMA, I favor grappling because I can go at 80-90% intensity 5 times a week. I can't do that with Muay Thai or I'd be wrecked.

After a 3 hour session of randori or rolling my confidence with girls feels like it's been multiplied by 10.

Another important factor which relates to a thread I read about "how do you make friends" is that as a guy in my late 30s who travels I make easy friends within the first few times I join up at a judo, mma or bjj club. There's something about good honest muscle vs muscle that gains respect. Even if I'm being thrown around by the coach or senior guys they respect effort. I think this is enhanced even more by the fact that most guys today don't wrestle, randori or roll.

Having said all that, there's no reason why you can't learn to dance too. Personally though I favor 90% of my time and effort towards martial arts and 10% towards dance. I'm not interested in entering "so you think you can dance." I just want to learn the principles and I'm good. I also find that all the contortions, flexibility, movement and body control that I get from BJJ and Judo mean that I'm able to learn to dance well because I already have an innate understanding of my body, how to relax parts, how to flow other parts and how to do it all with a calm and confidence demeanor.

I find dancing a ton easier than martial arts because I don't have a skilled guy trying to pin, throw or knock my head off while I'm dancing.

Messages In This Thread