rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Dating Guide for Mainland China

Dating Guide for Mainland China

Quote: (10-03-2014 01:16 PM)clever alias Wrote:  

I'll just say one thing, and then I'll be on my way because I really don't think there's anything left to say.

This forum has a very interesting take on China. It has a "vision in gold" view about it that is mainly perpetuated by people who don't seem to have very much experience actually living in China. There are people who have, but for the most part, a lot of it seems to be circlejerking by fly over stay for a week or two business people or Tim Budong English teachers. Nothing wrong with either of those, but the problem is when the people who haven't lived it are talking loudest. Badwolf drops some hilarious nuggets of truth that are painfully true, but everybody seems to discount it, and the notion of China as the land of endless opportunities and porcelain dolls persists despite some on the ground people saying it's more complicated than that, but maybe I have high standards for what constitutes BOG experience.

TravelerKai probably knows his shit, and he's dropped a lot of good knowledge. I had a different experience (ie I loved night club game), but that could boil down to any number of factors, race, age, city, occupation, ect, and I'd love to have some noodles and beer with him if our paths ever cross in 大陆, but even he's no omnipotent, and China has the funny effect of making how much you think you understand inversely related to the time spent on the ground.

it's getting pretty circlejerky over China, and it doesn't look like it will end any time soon. I'm out.

I appreciate other opinions on China and it would be detrimental to only get one side of the story, so please keep posting, it is appreciated.

The thing is, the same could be said for field reports on most countries on this forum. Field reports that hype a place are always going to get more attention than a more leveled field report. It's the same with Thailand where you'll have some guys claiming you'd have to be dead not to fall into pussy and other long timers like BB and RioNomad, myself included too, would say it actually requires game to get attractive non-pro girls. Eye of the beholder.

Likewise, Denmark gets a really bad rep and with good reason for the most part, but for me, it is one of the easiest places in the world for one night stands, easier than Thailand and the Philippines.

Everyone is going to have a different experience, particularly if they're just visiting. I don't think TravelerKai is hyping China, I think he is simply very passionate and enthusiastic about the country and it shows. I think most experienced travelers are past the phase where they think paradise exists on earth anywhere.

You're right though that the forum is bullish on China at the moment, I think for good reason though, but we will see as more people make their way there[Image: biggrin.gif]

Messages In This Thread