rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Future of Entrepreneurship in America

The Future of Entrepreneurship in America

So I'm in my early 20's and am trying to decide whether to start an e-commerce business in America (and market a physical product to Americans) or start a separate location-independent internet business (in southeast Asia or EE). It's a very difficult time to be young and in America as there are no easy answers, only highly calculated risks! I should mention that I have Euro citizenship so staying in Poland wouldn't be a big problem.

As an American, the future of our country is obviously looking very rough on many levels. We have extreme federal debt, the highest corporate tax rates in the world, a police state, a declining middle class, bitchy women, etc. While I KNOW this market of people very well, it's also a declining one. I want to start a business here in all honesty, but I just feel as if I'd be paying over 30% of my net income into a welfare state.

However I have a business idea that will work here in America (already validated it), but I would have to spend at least 2-5 years "on the ground" here busting my ass. This idea is highly scalable and would likely generate millions after quite some dedication.

Or I could travel the world while busting my ass on a different location independent business which would likely generate a smaller income - maybe mid five figures within a couple of years. It isn't as scalable, but allows much more freedom.

Sometimes I think being location independent is more valuable than the possibility of earning six figures because it provides freedom. So here's my question:

Would you rather start a business in America with the possibility of grossing millions after 5+ years?

Or enjoy worldwide location independence with a somewhat passive internet business that generates over $35,000/yr?

Messages In This Thread