rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

My father just put me in charge of his book company

My father just put me in charge of his book company

Well, I've always wanted to get into business, and I guess there is no better place to start than your senior year of high school.

Long story short, my dad is an author who writes books that take a Christian perspective on medical issues, as well as updating the language of the old, Puritan writers and publishing those.

Now for the past year and a half, he knows that I've been interested in entrepreneurship and business, and also that I've been reading a lot on it. So, out of the blue this morning, he asks me "Hey, here's a good opportunity for you. How about you manage my self-publishing business so you can get some practical experience in business." I didn't want to say no to such an amazing learning experience, so I agreed immediately. He initially offered me 25% of all the revenue generated, I negotiated him up to 50% and an up front payment of $100.

A little on the state of his business so far: for someone who puts 0 effort into marketing other than keeping a blog and facebook, he's not doing bad, making about 100 bucks a month, or about 25 books sold a month.

His blog gets most traffic from his facebook friends as well as having been regularly linked to by a rather prominent blogger in reformed Christian circles.

Right now I'm just really at a loss of what I should do. If you want more specific information, I can give it to you via PM. I just really need advice and suggestions on what to do to increase sales and start running this place like a business.

Messages In This Thread