rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

At a big dilemmna in my life

At a big dilemmna in my life

I was from Vietnam, was smart enough to got a full ride to one of US top liberal arts college, and wasted it studying, well, liberal arts.

While it gives me a very good sense of critical thinking and knowledge, a BA in Sociology doesnt do you shit if you ever want to make a decent living.

Now Im currently in Paris for a Master degree, also in Sociology (in France if u wanna change your study field u have to start over) Being a student in France is the best thing in the world.

I thought I cant stand the corporate world, but now Im doing an internship in one of the most prestigious corporation and frankly its not wonderful, but its bearable, and the $ is good. I quickly realize that being a freelancer/researcher with more autonomy will never quite match this level of income.

But with my degree I have very little chance of entering the corporate world.

I stand now at a crossroad:

1. I could choose to finish my Master in Sociology and spend the next few years trying to find a job with it and see how it goes. IF I do find a job I will make a decent living, though nowhere near the corporate level. Maybe take a gap year or two to travel

2. I apply to one of the biggest business school in Europe (think ESCP and the like) ASAP, take a shit load of loans and 2-3 more years of study. Higher chance of finding good corporate job with good $ to support my game and lifestyle, but has to endure the corporate slave world.

I need to make my decision based on what I want out of life. To have enough $ to support my lifestyle Im looking at 2000 euros a month with appreciating income over the years. And I want enough freedom, which a corporate job will never afford. But somehow having $ offers you another kind of freedom.

I have absolutely no intention of going back to Vietnam atm, maybe much later

Would appreciate some advice on my situation, and also some alternatives to my dilemna.

Ass or cash, nobody rides for free - WestIndiArchie

Messages In This Thread