rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Watching the office implode

Watching the office implode

Watching my office implode –

My employer appears to be on the verge of large scale downsizing – i.e. everyone. This is the first time in my life I have a front row seat to a crack-up like this. My neck is also on the chopping block. I have determined the following formula as hazardous to the health of any mid-size law firm:

1. One owner controlling 98% of the voting stock of the
company;

2.That one owner being married to something out of the Real
Housewives of Orange County;

3.That one owner weighing 280 pounds and thinking the 23
year old Brazilian bartender you hired to do bookkeeping is
really interested in your sparkling 47 year old personality
and (supposedly) King sized wang;

4.That one owner hitting the local bars 4 nights a week with 2
young kids at home;

5.That one owner hiring a 1% partner with permanent mental
damage from having been raised by a neurotic Jewish
mother – who now everyone hates.

6.That one owner hiring a different 1% partner who married a
high power corporate officer and who then got caught
schtupping the other South American secretary in the place –
for a 2 year period – also with two young kids at home;

7.Not reviewing the billing;

8.Not giving a shit.

It might be time to leave the law – Gerald Celente has been saying for some time that anything involving clean food, not just healthy food, can’t loose. I worked for several summers on one of the last farms by NYC - I worked in the grill room of a high end country club, and I am quite a small scale farmer myself and have cooked just about everything – I know how to run farm stands, deal with all solid foods, apple cider, etc. My wife worked for a few years in retail.
Anyone have an idea? – I think anything now that deals in cash will be King – simply because no one will be able to afford the payroll and healthcare taxes on everything?

A lot of guys on here seem to be real operators –

Should I hold on at my current job for as long as I can?
Should I just say fuck it and open something , anything , as fast as possible?
Has anyone ever drafted a business plan? Is it worth it.?

My conundrum here is again, having been a cubicle monkey for 11 straight years – It’s hard to think outside the box.

I’ll post some cooking and wine advice to the other thread as a quid pro quo. I would love some input from folks here.

Messages In This Thread