rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Social Class of Excercise

Social Class of Excercise

Quote: (07-30-2014 05:19 AM)Zelcorpion Wrote:  

That's what I was wondering too. In my best times I always coupled extreme workouts with long cardio-runs through the woods (I enjoy the experience). I sometimes see those fat strong guys in the gym. Never wanted to replicate their bodies. While they are indeed strong, the fat makes them look way more massive than they really are.

One of the most influential coaches on my training is Marty Gallagher who wrote The Purposeful Primitive (if there's one strength book you must get, this is it). He was a world class powerlifter and record holder until injuries stopped him from competing at that level. He then coached a series of the most famous and strongest powerlifters ever, including Ed Coan and Kirk Karwoski. He's probably the best writer in the iron game.

Marty Gallagher always, as you do, coupled tough workouts with long runs through the woods, like many of the Primitives (old time strongmen) he wrote about did. The long runs make good physical preparation for hard lifting and are a form of active recovery for your body and your mind.

Messages In This Thread