rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

That "Come To Jesus Moment"

That "Come To Jesus Moment"

Quote: (07-28-2014 05:11 PM)ColSpanker Wrote:  

Quote: (07-28-2014 05:06 PM)polymath Wrote:  

Work harder to do both the side hustle and the main gig.

Sleep less, get your own company to a self-sustaining level, then quit the sales job and invest your full energy into it.

That's what I would do, anyway.
In most scenarios, that would be the smart thing.
But my daytime gig involves total cold calling. I get no leads. So I can still work my fucking ass off and get nowhere. Which was what I was doing. In fact, this seems to be what they want me to do. Because even if I don't close that many deals, they at least have someone out in the field preaching their gospel.

That's the nature of the job. You're trying to sell things to people who aren't even necessarily looking to buy.

Be realistic with yourself. Can you get your company up and running at a good pace in three months without income or other obligations? If not, then don't even consider it.

If you can't turn shit into gold at the current job, then at least explore option C and look for a new job. I'm not the only one who can attest that life gets tough when you have no income.

Can you get unemployment if you wait for them to fire you? I've never been through the process so I'm not sure how it works, but that could also help sustain you as you work on your own project.

Messages In This Thread