rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Getting a Second Bachelor's

Getting a Second Bachelor's

Quote: (07-28-2014 01:16 PM)Anthony A. King Wrote:  

Quote: (07-28-2014 10:55 AM)clever alias Wrote:  

I graduated in 2012 and have so far not used my degree for anything, it's not that it's worthless per se, but my interests have radically changed since I committed. Has anyone gone back to school for a second BA or BS?

My advice to you is make absolutely sure it worth it and you know exactly what you will use your degree for. But if your interests have changed and your degree is not worthless you can also see what kind of jobs are available to you.

Personally, I'm going to get my Master's degree next year, but only doing so because 1. my dad is a gulf war veteran and has the Hazzlewood act which is like the G.I bill in Texas it pays up to 150 credit hour-more than enough for a masters degree all I have to pay for is supplies and daily living expenses. And 2. I have plan of were I want to work and have several business plans that i'm currently working on to execute after I get some money saved and networking done.

I suggest you take inventory and make sure you know why your getting this degree, that you can afford to pay for it, and you have an idea of were you want to work and if you eventually want to have your own business, self-employed, or become a freelancer .

if i cant get it on the cheap (my state school has a really good engineering school), im not going to bother. if i can get while avoiding taking on debt (quite possible, also a lot of my previous bachelor credits may transfer), then i dont see why not. im not doing anything else overly productive here

Messages In This Thread