rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

DR Congo's insect cuisine: nutritious and delicious

DR Congo's insect cuisine: nutritious and delicious

We all eat insects unknowingly. They get ground up in mills and when those machines are cutting down the wheat for harvest, all kinds of bugs get caught up in that. It's not like someone sifts through every inch of wheat and makes sure no bugs got caught up in the harvester. Have you ever cooked with flour and noticed a little black speck in the flour? It's mostly likely a piece of insect that was chopped up. Just a little extra protein I guess. It's totally harmless.

But I couldn't knowingly eat a bug, the thought is disgusting. Even a small one like an ant. I was once at a party with Mexicans and they were serving crickets with chile powder on them. I thought I'd give one a try. I put one in my mouth. I thought it was would be crunchy like a dried shrimp, but the body was soft and I couldn't bring myself to bite it knowing that the gooey insides would squirt out. Nasty. I spit it out before biting down on it.

SEA is the bug eating capital of the world though.

Messages In This Thread