rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Keeping Secrets

Keeping Secrets

This is weird but I wanted to share it. I have a huge problem keeping secrets -- of my own.

When a friend tells me something is confidential I will hold it with me to the grave, but I seem to tell everyone everything about me, and I don't like it.

I have had some unbelievable life experiences and I sometimes think how nice it would be to just keep it all to myself, so that it was for me and me only; yet I find myself constantly story telling (it's one of my best skills). Maybe I like the power I have over people when I speak? Maybe I like making people laugh? Maybe I like sharing my happiness with others? Whatever the cause, I can barely keep any of my own personal happiness to myself. I want to become more selfish in this respect.

And worst, in tragic irony, here I am telling you this issue of mine that continues to irks me -- as I let another deeply personal thing go.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Messages In This Thread