rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

My Life in Budapest- Sourcecode's Budapest Thread

My Life in Budapest- Sourcecode's Budapest Thread

Quote: (07-24-2014 10:14 AM)Luisaceo Wrote:  

I visited Budapest a few months ago...I was not impressed with the local talent, definitely a downgrade from Wroclaw IMO. I was also surprised to see a lot of fat people, although I think most of them were gypsies (there seemed to be a lot of them, not sure if they count as "locals")....

Gypsies or the nomadic "Roma" are more than just legends.

I used to live in a trailer park here in the US - and even here gypsies were infamous for shady dealings. Like doing scams to seal asphalt pavement requiring immediate but discounted payment (because of "extra materials" otherwise going unused) - or using inferior materials - or simply getting a "deposit" on a contract job and doing no labor. And doing so for "jobs" that weren't necessary.

In other words, they were tight with family and kin, but deceptive towards those who weren't.

In Europe, Roma are, in general, a distinct long-term social and political problem. And probably more so in Eastern Europe because closer to their region of origination.

“There is no global anthem, no global currency, no certificate of global citizenship. We pledge allegiance to one flag, and that flag is the American flag!” -DJT

Messages In This Thread