rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Going from smoking weed everyday to once a while

Going from smoking weed everyday to once a while

Just wanted to chime in on this old but very positive and informative thread.

I started smoking weed 10 years ago, and it remained a daily recurring habit during that entire time.

About 2 weeks ago, I ran out of my "stash" and I decided not to hit my dealer up again for more. I am now going on close to 3 weeks of smoking zero pot after consuming it 4-6 times a day in large quantities for a straight decade, and I want to share my experience with any other guys here who are thinking of finally jumping off the wagon. I am 28 and going on 29, and I realized that it just isn't a good look for me anymore. I have an addictive personality and im not the kind of person who can smoke once in a while and leave it at that. If I have some on me, im going through it. So I decided to separate myself completely from it and just restart my reality without weed.

The first two or three days were absolutely miserable. It was one of the strangest feelings I ever had. I was both lethargic and fatigued, while at the same time manic and energetic. Sort of like the feeling you get when you drink a little too much redbull, but someone spiked the redbull with Percocet. After about day 4 this feeling slowly went away and was replaced by... boredom.

I didn't realize, until I achieved clarity, just how much time and productivity I would sacrifice on the green stuff. I made excuses like "It helps me with my art, it helps me get better workouts and eat better". Its all bullshit male hamster, man. All it helped me do was procrastinate and run away from my destiny.

Since I have stopped I have:
-Harder boners

-Gained 4-6 lbs of lean muscle mass, which has been noticed and commented on by multiple people. I have gained so much good weight you can see it in my jawline. I eat voraciously, junk food grosses me out. Id rather have a homemade ribeye and cook it my damn self

-Started waking up at 7AM even though my alarm has always been traditionally set to 9:30AM. Eventually I just disabled the alarm on my phone since it wasn't necessary

-Started taking cold ass showers, completely unprompted. The idea of doing this in a stony haze was unfathomable

-Started fixing shit around my house that I didn't even realize needed fixing before

-I drink lots of water now. I always hated drinking water, since it doesn't taste like anything preferring orange fanta instead. I now view it as a beautiful, nourishing substance and plan on getting a fluoride filter

-Better social acumen, I was always sharp, but now im on another level with people and they notice

Since I have stopped I realize:

-My habit was pushing good people away and attracting toxic losers

-My habit was cockblocking the shit out of me. Weed game only works on girls that smoke weed. Which is awesome, but there are so many women out there I needlessly alienated because they couldn't relate to my habit

-My habit was cockblocking my friends. Cause we would all go somewhere together with a group of hot chicks and I would sneak off into a back alley to get my smoke in. This made my entire group look lame, it would fuck up our logistics, and I was completely unaware of it

-Even when I thought I was "killing it" at life, I could have been "nuking it to oblivion" sober

Last night was a close (stoner) friends' birthday, and I wanted to go out to chill with him, but I realized I would more than likely relapse once the smoke hit my nostrils. So I passed. My goal is to reach 90 days, to where my brain is completely rewired to be sober. I still drink a hell of a lot of bourbon, but this is a nighttime habit that I don't see as anywhere near as destructive or pervasive.

I'd like to credit my man Travesty, im not sure which thread it was, I think it was on the newbie forum somewhere that he said to figure out what all your bad habits are and cut them out one by one cold turkey and embrace the discomfort. It resonated it with me and I put it to action immediately.

Messages In This Thread