rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Selfie Fad Isn't Going Anywhere

The Selfie Fad Isn't Going Anywhere

Quote: (07-18-2014 08:28 AM)Felix88 Wrote:  

Is it just me or in the first picture Brad Pitt is the only one who doen't fake a smile.

Also those 'smiles' look psychotic as fuck, if I don't know any better I'd think they're belong to a mental institution.

Nah, this is classic body language stuff. I noted that a while back in another thread: people's growing inability to project genuine smiles, which would involve empathy with others and subtle understanding of emotions in reaction to the stimulus of others. I used that Oscar picture as an example. They're acting, and extremely-badly, which is ironic, given the venue.

Brad's is genuine - he's doing the alpha-as-fuck half-smile, where you curl one side of your lip up. Classic Connery.

- If the eyebrows raise rather than move subtly outwards, it's fake.

- If both rows of teeth are showing, it's fake.

- If one or both corners of the mouth don't slightly or strongly curl up, it's fake.

If you're a younger guy, learn how to genuinely smile: it will project charisma and confidence to girls, and they will sense there's something 'different' about you. You can also tell when a girl is politely-tolerating your company and move onto a better target.

For illustration:

[Image: mcqueen7.jpg]

The girl on McQueen's right is 'performing' for the camera but the slight curl at the corners of her lips mean she's having a good time underneath the act.

The hottie to McQueen's immediate left is a genuinely-happy girl, having a blast. I often think Feminists try to stop women smiling for men, because it enhances their beauty and is infectious, and they don't want female power to come from a place of beauty.

The girl to McQueen's far left appears self-conscious compared to the other two, and the smile is less natural, though it's possible the spontaneous, non-selfie nature of party photography caught her mid-expression.

If anyone needs further confirmation McQueen knows his shit, the vast majority of women in his recent 'outing' article are smiling-genuinely. This is a guy who knows how to cultivate that vibe for a girl.

Contrast with narcissists with no chemistry, faking having a good time for their imagined audience:

[Image: HT_Elise_Moreno_mar_3_140630._16x9_992.jpg]

Raised eyebrows, mouths subtly curling down, she's showing both rows of teeth.

[Image: Riding-A-Bicycle-Chiang-Mai-Thailand.jpg]

Ghastly, inhuman expressions.

[Image: baby-smile-smiling-babies-funalso-27222.jpg]

Babies smile like this because they haven't yet learnt to identify and mimic human emotions via empathy.

Messages In This Thread