rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

How did you become "more interesting"?

How did you become "more interesting"?

Quote: (07-17-2014 07:56 PM)BarryInSF Wrote:  

I think that is my problem too. The truth is I already have a lot of the life experiences suggested above, but I still don't feel like I have interesting stories. Maybe it's the way I tell them. I can feel myself losing people as I speak.

Once thing you can do is work on storytelling in the following format (taken from Models):
1) Set Up: Sets the scene or gives the context for the story.
2) Conflict/Content: This part causes tension or expectancy; it hooks people by getting them wondering what's going to happen next. This is the most crucial part for maintaining interest.
3) Resolution: This releases the tension and thus provides a satisfying conclusion. Can view this as a punchline or a simple summing up.

Example:
1) Sometimes when I'm drunk I forget to pack my wallet when I leave my house.
2) So this one time I was about to leave a pub after getting the bill from the waitress, and I reached into my pocket to find that my wallet wasn't there. My friends had already left so I had no way to pay.
3) Luckily it was summertime and the bar had a patio. I pretended to go out for a smoke, hopped the fence, and fucked off. I'm still afraid to go back there in case they recognize me.

Messages In This Thread