rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Why Do Smart Men Date Dumb Girls?

Why Do Smart Men Date Dumb Girls?

Vicious-- we moved around a bit and the "deal" was that I would do the work and provide for her education and then switch roles once my career commitment was over, so some of it made sense at the time--I was "investing" in a future payoff; she would get the career she wanted and I would get the retirement I wanted. More the fool me for believing she was actually willing to work.

Timoteo--funny thing about this one is that it wasn't that I "wasn't good enough", it was the opposite--she "couldn't stand living in my shadow". She got to go to school full time for 3 masters and got middling A's and B's... I did mine distance learning from a good university while working full time and smacked a 4.0. She took 5-6 years finishing her fuzzy PhD, changing topics, pissing about and moaning why her advisor wasn't getting her any papers... I got sponsored from work, went to a world-class uni for hard science and finished mine in 3 years with 3 publications. She'd try out for a bit part in a play and not get accepted, I'd get a lead in a major production. It pissed her off. Only way she could feel even was by taking resources by force.

It won't matter in the long run. She never learned that you have to work hard and practice to be good at anything--school, work, exercise, pickup, whatever. She just wanted the rewards without doing the work--ambition without actual drive. This year will suck bad, but I'll still kick ass.

In the mean time, I'm having a better time than I expected, financial hit notwithstanding. The girl I'm presently with is great fun (actually pretty socially apt, too--could learn some game tips from her probably), I'm learning a lot, and busy as hell, both work-wise and socially. Just wish that if this had to happen it had happened sooner.

Messages In This Thread