rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

LTR: Girlfriend makes everything about her

LTR: Girlfriend makes everything about her

Quote: (07-15-2014 04:04 PM)Courage Reborn Wrote:  

Let me get this straight. You have a long term girlfriend who is a little insecure, and looks up to you for validation.

You're hearing this as an annoyance, rather than hearing your girl genuinely caring about what you want, in an effort to make you happy.

Is this really problem?

Depends on who you ask. Non-productive questions are a pet peeve of mine. Also I didn't see it as looking up to me for validation. I saw it as some bizarre shit test I didn't understand. The questions are so random. It's not just "do I look nice".

Quote: (07-15-2014 10:36 AM)RockHard Wrote:  

Quote: (07-14-2014 06:00 PM)Sir Vigorous Wrote:  

I'm in an open LTR (I'm 23 She's 21)

Wait, I missed that. An "open LTR" - as in you can date other girls?

I'm calling insecurity about the relationship on her part.

I can't date other girls but I can f*ck em. We'll be in different states (far far states) for a about a year 3 weeks from now so I wanted to get that going before I left to let her know the openness is not because we are going to be far away. But because I'm young, wanna work on game, and wanna be with women when I'm young.

Ever since I swung for the relationship to be open (this was extremely difficult), all the shit tests have increased expectedly and drastically.

She stays with me Thurs-Sun (this is why I have no new examples) and it's been tough the weekends since it opened.

This particular habit of hers has always existed though, I only just recently realized how possibly narcissistic it is. When it wasn't as ridiculous I think I just ignored it.

So far the collective seems to believe it's a possible issue but most likely just typically girl shit and not a giant red-flag. I was just really caught off guard by it because in all other ways she doesn't act narcissistic.

Messages In This Thread