rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Accounting Career Data Sheet

The Accounting Career Data Sheet

I'm 23 years old and I graduated with a Bachelor's in accounting (3.3 cumulative GPA and 3.5 in the field). Currently, it has almost been two years since I graduated from the field. In all honesty, if I had to do college all over again I would veer away from accounting.

The job prospects are really limited and the work can be really mundane and boring. After graduating I spent countless hours sending in resumes and applications with very little to show for it - except 3 interviews. The interviews were with big corporations, non-profits, and one public accounting firm.

After many months of job searching I finally settled with a job that is in the IT field. Luckily, they took a chance on me in spite of my lack of knowledge in the field.

As of right now, I've been reluctantly filling out applications in the hopes that I land at least a 35k a year job. In the meantime, I've just been saving money living with my parents in order to build up my pocketbook.

My passion in the field is nil and I'm completely thinking about giving up and pursuing a different line of work. I've got friends that work in the lab doing testing. One of my friends got a job in accounting and he is currently doing biology work.

One of the friends I graduated with in accounting decided to forgo the field altogether. He too couldn't get a job in the field, in spite of being probably the smartest and most charismatic of all my classmates.

Since he decided to quit the accounting field, things couldn't be better for him. He currently resides in Sin City making lots of money day trading. A normal day for him is two hours, and he spends a good portion of his time eyeing dimes by the poolside.

Moral of the story: forge your own path and don't be dissuaded by job employers rejecting your applications. A good majority of HR types are complete schlubs or ditzes.

Messages In This Thread