rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Accounting Career Data Sheet

The Accounting Career Data Sheet

This thread should be read by every undergraduate in accounting.. Thank you for the insight Cobra. For my first post I at least had to tell you this was a very helpful read.

I'm curious on what you think about entering the Big4 Public accounting game late? When is it to late?

I'm 1.5 years out of a state university, double majored in MGT/ACC, GPA > 3.5, met the 150 hour CPA requirement, Beta Alpha Psi officer, and have worked in finance at a luxury hotel brand since graduating. Most of it has just been bitch work (income audit/accounts receivable), but I did get some decent experience opening up a property. Reason I went this path is because I originally failed to get an offer from any public accounting firms coming out of college. Didn't get any internships early on in college, and no offers my last year from Big4 or mid sized tiers.

I just quit my current job, and I'm about to do a spring travel stint in Europe. When I get back.. it's back to the corporate world.

Will job experience help land an associate level Big4 position? Would you recommend passing portions of the CPA first? At this point, is there an edge I can take or are they looking for more directly out of college?

Messages In This Thread