rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Salvador, Bahia in Depth

Salvador, Bahia in Depth

My input to your great report.

Quote: (07-09-2014 08:11 PM)ameriveaux Wrote:  

Baianos themselves consider Salvador a rather dangerous city, and for people without cars traveling at night is something done only when needed and in specific areas on specific routes. Middle class and higher condominiums all have door attendants 24/7 and they also tend to have private security guards that roam neighborhoods as well. As a result, during night hours people will still take care of business (Shop/Gym) but again will stay along very specific routes that have friendly eyes present. People with cars will move about during all hours with ease.

Met other coastal and interior-based Baianos that have voiced the same thing to me.

This can make traveling and spending time in Salvador without a car very problematic especially with logistics. Taxis are common, but of course can get expensive and you have to be aware of drivers that will take you on a joy ride to get more money out of you. Salvador is deceptively spread out- points of interest are not really conveniently close by- and the bus rides can suck. The only exception I experienced was the new center comprised of Salvador Shopping and Shopping Iguatemi- new and incredibly nice areas/malls that attract some of the best looking women Salvador has to offer. The area is well-kept, well patrolled, very modern and middle to upper class. Worth a visit. Worth the blueballs.

I will make it a point to Salvador Shopping and Shopping Iguatemi when/if in Salvador...that is if I stay there long-term...but would rather put in those days on the coasts of Bahia even if it means being alone enjoying nature & safety.

In my observation, I would NOT consider Salvador an easy tourist destination. For government/military people I would say Salvador is a Hardship tour- appropriate for very advanced travelers, thrill seekers, or those who truly love all of Latin America and its cities. The only true “tourist” place is Pelourinho; and for the amount of danger, size, pan-handling, and hustling you have to endure being there, it’s a hard sell. Porto do Barra and Farol da Barra are destinations as well, but they are small strips of beaches and a few restaurants, worthy a small trip. However the State of Bahia is quite large, and the true beauty and the true fun to be had is not in Salvador, but in the numerous party islands and party cities that are sprinkled throughout the state.

Noted...I can't imagine the harassment & cat calls I'd get with my East Asian looks lol.

Brazilians are a very proud people. They do have a sense of nationalism, and because of the relative optimism of the improving economic position of Brazil, the quality of life continues to increase. Despite the problems, there is not a huge sense of desperations for Brazilians to leave their country. Brazilians enjoy their weather, beaches, music, food and traditions (who the hell doesn’t like Carnival?) and are not just wanting to drop it to marry a gringo. I have never been to Colombia but have I read a lot about it here; and your typical man going to Colombia to mess with girls there is going to have a hard time in Brazil. Sure, you might find a low-end homely favela girl (the older they get the more desperate) wanting to get wife’d up but a girl with options is not going to be chomping at the bits.

Very true. Despite paying high prices for everything, they can just visit the US for cheaper name brands whether it be Miami or a relative working/living somewhere while coming back home to live in what feels to be the most comfortable place for them. Common sentiment of most Brazilian women I know.

Color doesn’t matter so much in Northeastern Brazil because every color exists. Your typical Brazilian girl has access to whatever color man she wants, and whatever body type she wants. There are plenty of blond hair and blue (light) eye men here, olive skinned men, onyx black men, of every gradient. So to my fellow black men, you won’t stand out to your average Brazilian woman from the northeast or even Rio at all, because there are plenty of black/moreno/mulato men out there, just as cut, muscular and charismatic as you. To throw salt in the wound, she is not going to be (unless you run into the rare one that likes US music and culture) impressed or care you are an American, and unless she is from at least middle-class strata she will more than likely not speak any English. This applies to white men too. Your color will affect how quickly someone will be to invite you to personal social circles. (Racism still exists, just less than the US. Remember to Demonstrate your value)

Ability to speak Portuguese will be the ultimate barrier crosser in these situations. That and demonstrating not just A) Value, but B) Charisma no matter what color you are. Right now..I'm tutoring a Portuguese student who is in his late 30's married with two kids as he's finishing his degree in hopes of doing international business in Brazil through his own endeavors. In terms of just "building contacts" and "making friends," he seems to think that Brazil is a paradise for those that have had difficulty in their current surroundings. Dead wrong.

If you can't meet new people, maintain great friendships, demonstrate value, and influence others in your current surroundings..then how do you plan on doing those things in "greener pastures" via Brazil or some other place? People gravitate towards others they perceive to bring value into their lives. Brazil is no different than any other place in the world with regards to that.

Now on a positive note, you can still run into girls who will just think you are attractive, who might think your Portuguese is cute, who might be curious to a foreigner or she might just be friendly and open to all. However that means you still need to exhibit qualities that any woman will like;charisma, confidence, aggression and aloofness. However, having woman all over your dick just because you speak Portuguese and are educated (You gotta bring charisma/game/knowing how to talk to them to the table) is just not going to happen. Southern Brazil will be a much better experience for men across the board regardless of color. Girls are typically introduced to English early, and are pushed to college. English is becoming standard in S. Brazil, and many girls have dreams of going to Europe or the US, giving the exotic value to you because you are of the places they dream about. Black / Darker men will enjoy an enhanced exotic factor due to scarcity in Southern Brazil.

In terms of the south, i've been to Parana, Rio Grande do Sul, and Santa Catarina as I would whole-heartedly disagree about high English levels. In relation to the Northeast? It's probably higher with regards to what you have experienced. But English levels all across the board in places I've been in such as Sao Paulo, Minas Gerais, and the three southern states will be non-existent.

I have a Gaucha and a Catarisense flag & gotta say people from those two states will be curious about Asian guys since there aren't so many of them there. Parana can be a little trickier (much like Sao Paulo) because of the Japanese immigration making me less exotic...not hard places, but the exotic factor is essentially "nil" for me in those locales.

I agree that a native English speaking black man who dresses tight and speaks Portuguese will have success in Southern Brazil as the exotic factor means more. I saw many black men in Porto Alegre with gorgeous blondes, but those dudes were native Portuguese speakers who probably possessed social circle advantages.

I've met several Nordestina gals in Dallas as they all had one thing in common. Married to Joe Blow super rich Caucasian guy because they are harder to find in the Northeast of Brazil.

If she has been to the states before (Miami for shopping trips for example), You will have lost your exotic factor as she has had the chance to experience American men/dick if she chose to. She will be easy to speak with. Depending on how fine she is, you will need to approach her accordingly. Gaming her will still be easier as she is back competing with her countrywomen. You can probably game her like you would game a woman from the US, just don’t get to stupid on Negging. The more you can demonstrate you know about her culture the better.

Exactly. Much of these Brazilian chicks who visit the US typically go with their families, cling onto them, and rarely step out of their comfort zone despite high proficiency English. Just game them accordingly while in Brazil & demonstrate your value.

Now if they're fluent English speakers that have "lived" in the US for some time but now are now back residing in Brazil...then you'll have more difficulty with them. Most of them are in high class social circles where they'll just find a Brazilian guy from a well-known family who happens to speak English well.

Just like any other country, your ability to speak their language is going to greatly affect your experience and access to social circles(pussy refrigerator). Brazil Is a country still estranged from the US and still has large segments (especially NE) that don’t’ speak English at all. Just to reflect on earlier, if you cannot speak Portuguese well, and you are not in an area with many middle-class and higher Brazilians, forget about getting with women without P4P. The high-class Brazilians and the super-bad middle class Brazilians are going to be incredibly tough to get at. Both socially and physically (Invite only, need to know only access clubs, social circle only dating) More average looking ones will be much easier.

Hammering down the truth once more. Portuguese is everything.

Party Islands

Party Islands and cities are the cats-meow when it comes to parting in Brazil. They are off the beaten path; I have yet to read a data-sheet on them. In my humble opinion, if you are coming to Brazil to relax and try to Smash Brazilian women, these are places you want to invest time. They are not easy to get to, and require much more planning (and some Portuguese) but are worth it.

The reasons are many. First is safety.
The second reason you want to head to party locals is that women can easily disconnect from their normal routine and reality.
The third reason you want to head to party locals is logistics.
The forth reason you want to head to party locals is the women.
The fifth reason you want to go to the party locals is for the raw Natural beauty.

I kept this short & deleted your descriptions, but it's all true. Just gotta be careful with logistics because some of these "vacation towns" like say Florianopolis for example will be spread out and inconvenient. You have hot spots there like Lagoa da Conceicao, but it wont work because A) local girls concerned with their reputation go there, B) tourist girls there are English speakers (bangable), and C) there are NO hotels/Airbnb apts around. Only solution in this instance for that city would be Jurere Internacional in terms of banging vacationing Brazilian broads looking to get down.

Reason #1 Safety - Yep bang on. Women visiting "can" let loose without consequences of danger.
Reason #2 Vacation Mode - No reputation at stake here.
Reason #3 Logistics - Like I said research in advance & get a good feel for the place. Vacation towns CAN possess bad logistics so buyer beware.
Reason #4 Women - High end women..girl packs...yes there will be some with their sugar daddys, but there will be plenty of single ones too.
Reason #5 Beauty - Why I want to visit the beaches of Bahia and go to Campos do Jordao in Sao Paulo.

Messages In This Thread