rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Dispelling Myths about Rio de Janeiro

Dispelling Myths about Rio de Janeiro

Time for Carnival. So what is going on in Rio?

I’d like to add some more information about it.

Again, came solo, stayed in Ipanema in front of the beach. Got it at Airbnb again, cuz I can invite whoever I want. Can’t recall the price right now.

Anyway, the carnival starts the 24, however right now there are parties in different places of the city. You will probably get a pamphlet in the streets with the name, time and location. For example, the one at Ipanema on Sunday 10 am is called “If you don’t want to give it to me, then can you borrow it to me?” and shit like that. I got yesterday 9 free condoms in there.

[Image: kzgScLJ.jpg]

There will be music in the streets and tons of alcohol of course. In addition people use all kind of costumes and glitter. However you will notice some differences between them. If you go to Leblon you’ll find more “high class” people. But if you choose the one at the center, expect fights and mess. The police is deploying 1000 officers, but they are expecting one million dudes. So the Ratio is 1 cop for 1000 go figure.
Here is a very short capture of one of them.

GAME
Game at the streets parties: Be advised that the beaches are full, of jacked and handsome dudes. It looked like a convention of a Spartan army, I mean even in a supermarket in the line there will be a shirtless tall, tan, handsome packed dude. Therefore I tried to dress sharp during the night, as I saw people lacking of that. It seems it worked somehow.

I addition I saw many of them doing some kind of aggressive “game”, like playing drunk while trying to hug too much, but got rejected quickly. I saw the guys making out, kind of calm, just smiling, and having fun. So I went more friendly and soft, and soon I was making out with the girl that ejected the tall dude.
You can also buy drinks the night before and have them in the fridge, even ice cream, so you can invite her to your place. To drink, to get sunblock, to stay under the A/c for a while, to take the shower, eat something, you name it. A beer can cost 5 - 8 reals depending on the size.

This was my second lay here. She allowed me the pic.

[Image: VYiRKfO.jpg]

GyM
Of you need to go to the gym, the planet fitness one costs around $80 15 days, where there are cute girls, but there is another one for $20 a month, not fancy at all, just to do what you have to do. You can also jog next to the beach and you’ll find many stuff for calisthenics, not bad, and free. In addition you might find other girls chatting there.

Customer service
Don’t expect a nice customer service. Get used to that. If you go to one of the 100’s Zona Sul supermarket, you’ll see the same clone of this black girl in all the cashier. Is like they are doing you a favor to charge you. Same in Subway. The chick will stay seating there watching the phone until you call her.

Transportation.

I will just disagree what somebody said about that is better in the airport to take a cab outside and not in the counter. In the counter they will give you a fixed price. I’m talking about the GIG airport, that is far. In this case to Ipanema will be R70 and they will give you a card, saying that in your way back they will charge R50. The time I got it outside, they charged me R99. Uber might charge R55, but you won’t find them in there. You’ll find at the SDU airport though.

Messages In This Thread