rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

AC Shoulder Separation

AC Shoulder Separation

Hi,

I'm not looking for medical advice; just want to state that up front.

Last week, I had a pretty good wipe out on my mountain bike. I was railing a bermed corner and the front end tucked in. I went over the bars, sort of diagonally and landed shoulder first. The result was a stage 3 AC separation. I go see the orthopaedic surgeon on Friday so I should know more after that.

I have a sling right now but I don't need to use it. My shoulder doesn't really hurt at all provided that I keep my elbow tucked in close to my body. I can move my arm from the elbow joint down no problem and with no pain.

What the hell can I do now to keep fit? I'm at a complete loss. I can't bike ride for another month. I probably won't be able to lift for a while besides maybe leg press and some shit like that. I can't really run because the bouncing motion hurts my shoulder. I'm not really into a stationary bike if I can avoid it at all.

Any suggestions would be great!

Messages In This Thread