rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Working 1 month from Latin America: can/should I do it?

Working 1 month from Latin America: can/should I do it?

So, background: mid 20's, light hair blue eyes, 5'10, on the skinny side of athletic.

I work for a consulting company and have been flying to the same project site coming up on 12 months, so in order to avoid tax complications I must "work from home" for a month. I have a ton of airline miles so I thought why not work from somewhere exotic. I'd be back in Asia with a quickness except that I need to be within +-2hrs of EST time, which leaves Latin America as my only option.

My question to you guys is: is it worthwhile/feasible to do this? I do not speak any Spanish and have zero dance game, and judging from what I've read here in the past, Spanish is damn near required to have solid success in LA. Regardless, this is more of a paycation than a vacation, and since I'm not really making a huge investment to go, I would not need a huge payoff a la Fisto invades SEA Part I. One or two sexy latinas in my month there and I'd be more than satisfied.

My biggest concern is setting up logistically. I'm entry level and don't do shit on the project, but I still need to be on "green status" in office communicator between 9-5 and dial into a conference call or two. If I do go it'll be the week of 7/21, so I have between now and then to decide if I'm gonna go, where I'm gonna go, and set up my logistics so that I arrive and hit the ground running with a room and internet connection. The last thing I want to do is have to explain to my managers that I can't log into the VPN because I'm in Columbia [Image: dodgy.gif]

What are my goals and resources to accomplish them? Goals: bang 1 or more sexy latinas (tight bubble butts rather than huge asses) and see some cool rainforest shit that LA is known for on the weekends. I would say the purpose of the trip is 70% experience/nature and 30% girls. Most important goal: set shit up so that when I arrive I'm not fucked and unable to actually do my remote work due to apartment/wifi/phone issues.

Living arrangements: don't need my own apartment, if anything my ideal arrangement is to get a shared apartment for a month, preferably with other young dudes I can hang with. Willing to pay up to $600 for that monthly room rental. The apartment itself can be true third world style as long as it's in a safe area and has stable wifi.

What do you guys think? Is the above feasible for someone with no LA experience and Spanish skills with the detailed time constraints? Also, where exactly should I go? Colombia? Brazil?

Cheers.

Messages In This Thread