rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Anyone learning to play the guitar?

Anyone learning to play the guitar?

Quote: (07-05-2014 06:09 AM)HawkWrites Wrote:  

I wound up teaching myself many years ago. I remember my dad telling me (he was a guitar instructor way back when): "Start on acoustic. Get good on it. When you're confident, move to electric." The advice really holds true since the distance your fingers need to travel decreases significantly from acoustic to electric; get the muscle memory down and you can switch between mediums at your heart's content.

I usually go for http://www.ultimate-guitar.com if I need a tab for something. I've been doing more chord-based playing lately, though.

Similarly, I'd suggest that, when you do practice with an electric, set your amplifier to clean (i.e. no distortion) - otherwise you're likely to not pick up on little errors you're making.

And another tip, particularly for electric guitars with low gauge strings - change them frequently, even if they aren't breaking. Fresh strings tend to sound a lot nicer to me and I find them much more pleasant to play with.

Ethan Amarante's datasheets:
*Glasgow

Messages In This Thread