rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

text game... i don't get it

text game... i don't get it

For a while now, I've generally been against texting as a reliable way of communicating with girls I haven't slept with. I've never had much luck with it, and I swore it off completely last spring while I was in Brazil for a semester (it was really tempting to communicate through texts while I was still learning Portuguese, but I never had a single success with any girl I texted instead of calling). Texts just seem so passive and ambiguous to me, and I feel like it promotes flaking - it's easier to justify not answering a text than not answering or returning a phone call.

Now recently, I've had some experiences that have led me to reconsider my views toward texting.

I met a girl at a bar recently who seemed like she really wanted to hang out and was dropping tons of IOIs, but refused to answer the phone when I called her a couple days later (I couldn't pursue anything on the same night because of logistical issues). However, she would text me incessantly almost every day. If I tried to call her she wouldn't answer, and then she'd text me back two minutes later. She would be very flirtatious in her texts but whenever I suggested hanging out, she would flake.

Eventually we did go on a date, and once I got to know her a bit better she struck me as rather silly and immature, so I put her aside and moved on. I think her texting obsession may have been due to the fact that she was fairly young and didn't seem to know how to have a proper phone conversation. Anyways, her loss.

A couple of weeks ago I was at a party and met another pretty girl who caught my interest - she studied film, like myself, and had a good wit and sense of humor. I felt like there was good chemistry between us, and she happily gave me her number when I suggested it. But I neglected to push any further that night, and didn't have the presence of mind to feel out her schedule or suggest a date before leaving the party, as I was a bit distracted - there was an unrelated incident with my buddy's drunken roommate that eventually prompted me to bail. However, before I left I let her know that I was throwing a party the next night, for my birthday, but added that it wasn't definite yet. She seemed interested so I said I'd let her know the following day.

now it's not my usual routine to contact a girl any sooner than 2-3 days after meeting her, but she seemed excited about the party, so I decided to make an exception. But when I found out the next day that the party was being scaled down, I decided to just tell her that it had been called off, and that we should chill later in the week instead. However, feeling like it was too soon to call her, I decided I'd try a text instead. I'm not very confident of my texting skills so I looked at Roosh's text guide first.

Here's how the conversation progressed:

Me, 8PM- hey [girl] it's [stien]. how are u?
Her, 8:30- Hey [stien] im good how are you?
Me, 9:21- im good too. not so sure about the party tonight though. do you want to hang out later this week?
Her, 9:49- Oh ok, yeah we could do that.
Me, 10:21- how about tuesday? Its my day off

After this she didn't respond. The following day (Sunday)...

Her, 12:36PM- hey sorry i couldnt get back to you last night,.... ummm tuesday isnt gonna work, i have class til late [Image: undecided.gif]

I followed the guide and didn't reply, since she didn't suggest another day. I waited until tuesday and then sent a restart text:

Me, 8PM- hey how was your weekend?
Her, 8:01 (almost immediate)- It was pretty good [Image: smile.gif] how was yours?
Me, 8:10 - mine was good too...very eventful. what are you up to this week?

Once again, no reply. Didn't hear from her again. Deleted her number a couple days later.

So what's the deal? What am I doing wrong? I feel like not waiting to contact her could have hurt my chances, or maybe it was inviting her to the party and then canceling. Then again, maybe I should've just called her and avoided texting in the first place. What do you guys think?

-Stien

Messages In This Thread