rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

'Any growing interest in soccer a sign of nation's moral decay'

'Any growing interest in soccer a sign of nation's moral decay'

Today a girl who knows I've been keeping up with the world cup and actively watch the EPL sent me this ridiculous article. I didn't bother to respond to her but I thought it would make for a great thread discussion. Here are a few quotes to enjoy:
http://www.clarionledger.com/story/opini.../11372137/

Quote:Quote:

Liberal moms like soccer because it's a sport in which athletic talent finds so little expression that girls can play with boys. No serious sport is co-ed, even at the kindergarten level.

Soccer is like the metric system, which liberals also adore because it's European. Naturally, the metric system emerged from the French Revolution, during the brief intervals when they weren't committing mass murder by guillotine.

If more "Americans" are watching soccer today, it's only because of the demographic switch effected by Teddy Kennedy's 1965 immigration law. I promise you: No American whose great-grandfather was born here is watching soccer. One can only hope that, in addition to learning English, these new Americans will drop their soccer fetish with time.

[Image: wtf.jpg]

Messages In This Thread