rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Will programming skills be valuable in the future or are we in another tech bubble?

Will programming skills be valuable in the future or are we in another tech bubble?

Quote: (06-28-2014 10:54 AM)game_ethic Wrote:  

I have to disagree with this point. If you started earlier, sure, you'll have a lot more experience; the same applies to any other skill. But starting early doesn't necessarily mean you're going to be good at it, either. When I first started my intro class to CS, there were students who had prior experience(high school programming classes, self-taught programming, etc) with programming and I ran circles around them when we got to more advanced subjects like implementing sorting trees and writing algorithms that were efficient. Point is, on paper your experience will give you an upper hand over other people, but who is Google more likely to higher, the guy who had a summer internship at a previous company but couldn't write an efficient quicksort algorithm or the guy who has no prior experience but can write an efficient quicksort algorithm within 5 minutes?

I know they won't hire someone who can't tell "hire" from "higher".

Messages In This Thread