rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Will programming skills be valuable in the future or are we in another tech bubble?

Will programming skills be valuable in the future or are we in another tech bubble?

3 examples of personal friends and classmates that got jobs with CS degrees and programming (all within the last year or two):

For the employment side:

1) Zero work experience right out of college got hired to Microsoft - $110k salary + bonus

2) Started at $78k with zero work experience 1.5 years later moved to a new job now at $120k.

3) Started out of college making $60k+. After 3 years experience (steady raises) then taking a year off to travel Italy and now back with a 1 year gap in his resume is making $150k after a recent raise.

Myself: A summer ago I was living on the West Coast. I put my resume out for downtown Chicago specifically. I demanded the jobs be in logistically easy places for small commutes for game purposes. I flew in and had 6 interviews over 2 days with only a 3 week notice of talking to recruiters. I got 2 jobs offers. Didn't take them moved to SB.

They would all be absolutely hounded by recruiters day and night if they put their resumes out for any major tech area in America (the entire West Coast, Austin, Chicago, NYC)

For the entrepreneurial side the sky is limit.

We don't even have wearable devices and robots in society yet.

----------

Nowadays as regards to tech bubbles - if a tech bubble bursts everyone bursts. Tech has become a strong enough industry to rival the Financial industry.

All money will go into tech for both consumers and business as time goes on doesn't matter what industry you are in.

This isn't the same as a "pet.com" failing. Tech is starting to take on physical reality and all of it needs software.

SENS Foundation - help stop age-related diseases

Quote: (05-19-2016 12:01 PM)Giovonny Wrote:  
If I talk to 100 19 year old girls, at least one of them is getting fucked!
Quote:WestIndianArchie Wrote:
Am I reacting to her? No pussy, all problems
Or
Is she reacting to me? All pussy, no problems

Messages In This Thread