rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Will programming skills be valuable in the future or are we in another tech bubble?

Will programming skills be valuable in the future or are we in another tech bubble?

There is a lot of talk about programming as a valuable skill for both being employed and going the self-employed route.

However, there were a lot of comp sci graduates that graduated during the tech bubble, switched careers, and are now regretting not pursuing it further because there is demand now. I wanted to see some discussion on this, either here or elsewhere.

Granted, there are many other factors to consider.

One, people really overvalued tech stocks, including venture capitalists and the general public. This is what created the bubble.

The other thing is that IT is a huge field, like anything else, so different niches have different demand.

I am trying to learn programming after work, but this was just something on my mind. Either way, I will continue because even if it becomes saturated or devalued, it would be a good skill to have to automate things and make my life easier, which could be potential products to sell and make some money.

Messages In This Thread