rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Ukraine Thread III

The Ukraine Thread III

I wanted to start a post-conflict Ukraine thread.

I spent 7 weeks in Russia and things did not go as well for me than in Ukraine. My results were considerably lower and I spent far far more. I will write more about my Russia trip in the future, but it was overall a disappointment in spite of the fact that my Russian is approaching conversational. My game effort on the ground was not as strong as it could have been and I suspect that's because my subconscious "gave up" when it figured out that the environment was not as favorable as Ukraine. The only real benefit of the trip is that I greatly improved my Russian when I was in Siberia.

So I'm back in Odessa. Walking around today, I feel like the city is stuck in a time capsule---almost nothing has changed from when I was here last year. My favorite places remain and so my nostalgic happiness is quite high. The quality of women is also high, higher than Moscow on a per capita basis (e.g. more hot women in Odessa if you pulled 100 random people from the street than in Moscow).

Prices are cheap, about 30% less than last year. I bought an espresso from a mobile truck for less than 1 dollar, and a pizza dinner with appetizer and two drinks was less than $20, whereas in Moscow it would have been over $40. There are many people in the center and people seem to be enjoying summer. I don't think I will miss Russia.

Messages In This Thread