rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Buying drinks/Having drinks bought for you

Buying drinks/Having drinks bought for you

Last night I went to a bar and was standing at the bar waiting for a friend to show up. Standing next to me was a girl who pretty much immediately began chatting me up, touching my arm, leading the conversation, etc. Tons of IOIs and good vibes. I had to walk away to meet my friend outside, but once we were inside and I crossed paths with her she'd beeline right up to me.

I got her on the dance floor and we danced for a bit when she suggested we get shots. I snidely said "Alright, but it's your treat". She said "In your dreams!" and giggled. We went up to the bar and struck up a conversation with these 2 guys who were also there, and all 4 of us got shots and did them with the bartender. As soon as we were done the two guys walked away, as did the bartender. I assumed the shots were on the house since myself and the 2 guys knew the bartender, so I walked away to get back to my group. The girl said she was ordering a drink and she'd be right there. But she never did come back.

I ran into her again at the bar and went up to her, and the smiley, happy face she had on all night was like a sneer and she goes "You coming back to get some more free shots???" I guess those shots weren't free and she had to pay for mine. Before I could answer she walked away and I'm guessing she left because I didn't see her after that.

Now my personal rule is to never buy drinks for girls. Shit, I don't even buy drinks for girls I'm dating exclusively. And I've had girls buy drinks for me as a sign of interest, and I've taken it to mean that I have high status for them to willingly give up their money for me (And as we all know women are really cheap and a pretty girl can probably go to a bar with an empty purse and get free drinks all night). This girl wasn't a knockout, but I was amazed that she was giving me some of the most direct IOI's I've ever gotten in my life, and in the span of a minute she completely changed her attitude toward me.

I know that women don't like guys they perceive as being cheap, so if she did have to pay for me do you think that's enough for these heavy IOI's to just stop? I can't think of anything else I could've done to turn her off like that.

Messages In This Thread