rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

African jobs

African jobs

Quote: (06-23-2014 06:54 PM)From Vegas to Tokyo Wrote:  

Lots of money to be made I'm sure, political instability is the big tough part. Also, you need to be tough. Crime is a big issue there. Even in South Africa which is a relatively first-world country (for Africa) crime is still a huge issue. If you have paper, you'll be a target. If you can get in there, there are tons of natural resources left on that continent for the picking. Might have to shake some hands with some shady people, but it's there.

Crime is a much bigger issue in South Africa than a lot of other countries. In a lot of African countries, which are much poorer than South Africa, there's less crime because 1) everyone is poor so there's not much to steal, 2) religion helps suppress the crime rate. South Africa sort of has the combination of problems of a rich modern country and a poor premodern one. It pretty much sounds like a terrible place to live.

I worked in Africa for three years as a Peace Corps volunteer, so anyone who's curious can send me a message and I'll try to help. It depends largely on what your work experience and skills are.

Messages In This Thread