rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Santa Barbara, CA Data Sheet 2014

Santa Barbara, CA Data Sheet 2014

Quote: (08-27-2015 03:38 PM)Chevalier De Seingalt Wrote:  

Quote: (08-26-2015 11:46 PM)Merenguero Wrote:  

I've wanted to go to Santa Barbara forever, but have never made it north of Ventura. One of the hottest girls I've ever met lived there. What's the best way to get there from the eastern U.S.? Is it better to fly into L.A.X. and rent a car or is it better to take one of those commuter flights from L.A.X. to Santa Barbara?

I've flown into the SB Airport many times, it is a quick and easy small town airport with minimal lines. If you're coming from the East Coast often the quickest and cheapest connection is actually in Phoenix, not LAX.

Another thing to keep in mind is that LAX is basically on the other side of Los Angeles from SB, which means you have to drive through LA with the closest freeway being the 405 to the 101; depending on what time you get in (or maybe even not knowing LA!) the traffic through there can be a nightmare. That having been said, as Travesty pointed out the stretch of highway from Ventura to SB is gorgeous, runs right along the ocean for much of the way.

Depending on your logistics, another option could be an airport shuttle bus from LAX to SB that I've used many years ago, back then they were reliable and comfortable enough:
http://www.sbairbus.com/pages/display/laxshuttle

What I do to find out what airports have flights to and from what cities and on what airlines is I go to the wikipedia site for each airport and check under each airline. This information is always accurate in my experience. The Santa Barbara airport wikipedia site says that there are direct flights to and from Phoenix on U.S. Air Express and to and from L.A.X. on United Express. Denver might be another option through United Express. All the other cities which fly to Santa Barbara are in the other direction like Portland, Seattle, and San Francisco. I say avoid L.A.X. whenever possible.

Messages In This Thread