rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

When can a player rest?

When can a player rest?

I remember reading one post by you in regards to game and money that went along the lines of 'you're paying for it, one way or another'. The cash, the flights, the targeted work outs, the alcohol, the smoke, loud music, online browsing, venue selections, cockblocks, taxis, last second mind games, dry cleaning, lost sleep, alienating family and friends, conversion fees, cover fees, balancing your mask "you" vs your "real" you.

I saw a Krauser tweet recently that said "if I had to choose between tight game and good health, I'd choose good health." I thought about that for a good 5 minutes, it really put things in perspective.

Game is getting what you want. There's a big focus on notches, stories, flags and other manosphere pinterest items. It seems like it's all about being active, being on the frontlines and getting the bang. I think a lot of players come from a position of having to prove themselves: +1 to your buddies, insane approach scenarios. Some come for the novelty of it all, the need for variety to feel alive. Notches aren't enough, they have to be exotic notches and extreme scenarios. One day you may find that you're burning through quality girls to feed your ego. 'Are they all the same? Am I just a notch machine looking to get to the next goal? I can't really engage with her personality, that's beta.' I'm not saying relationships are necessarily end game; different guys have different personalities, but I do think guys have to take the game and adapt it to themselves, play with the SDK tool or whatever.

Eventually you start to think back and wonder if it would be better to slow down if you find someone you'd really want to stick around. Maybe quality and stability become more attractive than novelty and competition.

I used to love going out every night, hopping around the city, inebriated and trying my luck. Now I just think how much more productive can I be. How many songs have I not written, how many books have I not read, or new words I haven't learned? I tell myself I'm going to slow down, but I feel the red pill has a way of making a man restless. I'm not dropping out of the game, but I do need a system overhaul. Play for too long continuously and the system overheats. Just like working out, the recovery stage is an integral part of the process.

A brilliant film, an engaging video game, a bike ride into the settling dusk, an amazing concert. This is life too. Tom Torero had a great video on gaming abroad: sure do what you have to do, but take in the scenery too. If it's all bang mission this, flag hunt that, you're missing out on the history. Then when you return, you lose out on telling an amazing story because you were waiting outside the mall from dawn til dusk (speaking in general, not to you personally).

I think once a player is made, he can't rest until death. But after getting enough of a feel for the terrain, a player can manipulate things to his advantage. Slowing down and taking everything in is just as much game as is maintaining frame in the heat of the moment.

Being "on" all the time has to be murder on the adrenal glands. I know when I get back from a trip I'm positively wrecked; overstimulation is a mild way of putting it. I give myself permission to "go off". I catch up on some tv show, finish up a book, or listen to a few albums inside out. I might even spend a few days or weeks detoxing so the whole thing doesn't become mechanical.

The worst thing a player can do is rot from the inside. It's impossible to be active all the time. You've done your active duty, enjoy the reserves for now, whatever that may be for you.

Messages In This Thread