rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Stale Peace And Its Consequences

The Stale Peace And Its Consequences

I, John Brown, am now quite certain that the crimes of this guilty land can never be purged away but with blood. I had as I now think, vainly flattered myself that without very much bloodshed, it might be done. -John Brown

The U.S. Army is still the most powerful fighting force in the world. However, we have not fought a major war against an enemy capable of going toe to toe with us since WW2. A major world conflict would also require us to no doubt make several amphibious invasions, which are of a far different nature than us simply building up in Kuwait for a few months and romping across the boarder into Iraq.

When war comes it will have to be nuclear if it is against any power of consequence. Russia will not allow its soil to be occupied again, it has stated that it will use nuclear weapons if necessary. China is getting ready for a fight. America can outweigh any other single nation in a fight, but logistically it would be hell to try and cross an ocean and assemble for an armed invasion of Europe of Asia. The Pentagon admits we cannot fight a two front war at the moment.

A bright spot though, if the war doesn't end with a nuclear exchange, is that maybe a good war will give America the kick in its ass that it needs to start making some good changes. Bring back some of the patriotism and depth of history our nation is lacking. I'm going for a commission as it is, but should war come before then I sure as hell will be flocking to the standards, and I don't think I'd be alone.

"All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent."
Thomas Jefferson

Messages In This Thread