rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Stale Peace And Its Consequences

The Stale Peace And Its Consequences

Quote: (06-14-2014 05:29 PM)AnonymousBosch Wrote:  

A older mate of mine has a rule of thumb he uses for choosing guys he wants to associate with: "It's WWII. We're storming a french chateau. I need to make a run for the wall to plant the explosives to breach it. Can I look at the guy in front of me, and trust him to keep his shit together to lay down covering fire as I make a run for it?"

Obviously, all of us would think this guy was up for the task:

[Image: chris-gethard.jpg]

Well, luckily it's not the 1940s and that guy wouldn't have signed up for an infantry unit during a war.

I think we can all agree that the baseline toughness of the average American guy has dropped since WWII.

There are also a few other facts to point out though, such as our military and warfare itself completely changing in the last 70 years.

Just one example being the establishment of the entire USSOCOM and all of the forces that comprise it.

And again, we're comparing our soldiers to the Chinese, who aren't exactly paragons of masculinity.

Messages In This Thread