rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Cape Town, RSA Datasheet

Cape Town, RSA Datasheet

Been postponing this for a month or so.

The other CT datasheet is outdated IMO so I started a new thread for this one. Also, seeing as Joburg is about as far as Barcelona is from Berlin, this is a different place completely.

I have been here 6 months or so and the best period is from December to April, when it’s summer here. For reference, I am white and average height.

Note: The government is revising its visa laws, so please check accordingly before making plans.

Misc info

This map is of Cape Town central. There are also other cool areas to go out such as Observatory (Obs) or Woodstock but it’s more dangerous.
Green: Logistically best places to stay, apartments and backpackers/hotels. Waterkant is fine too, the 5* hotels are there and in Camps Bay.

Blue: Tourist stuff + crime intensive areas.

Brown: Hot women congregations. Shout out to Woodstock as well as Southern Suburbs.

[Image: W6W6tzR.png]

This satirical map does a good job of explaining the stereotypes of each area:

[Image: jMpXytg.jpg]

Tourist Stuff

There are countless things to visit in Cape Town which all visitors come for. Table Mountain, Robben Island, The Wine Route, Cape of Good Hope, safaris, Shark Cage Diving and the list goes on. I would suggest taking the Red/Blue tour buses to see a lot in one day. Tickets are R200.

Women [Image: banana.gif]

There are a lot of modelling agencies here. A lot of girls here are good looking (7+) and most of them keep in shape, it is a very important thing for them. Plenty are spoiled, as mentioned by others in the original datasheet, and like to consider themselves high maintenance. Local girls are harder as they are more conservative but if you open them you just gotta keep the ball rolling. Not used to being opened.

Foreign girls that come here are usually hot, you can tell the nationalities from their appearance ala Greek Kamaki.

Lots of MILF, trophy wives etc. who are easy. The younger girls are into jocks, hipsters and generally decent looking guys with a good sense of style. Presentation is important in CT.

Everyone I have spoken to considers Cape Town to be one of the top 3 locations for beautiful women. It is on par with Prague, Budapest and London for me, if not better.

Crime

Been mugged twice since coming, first time was drunk and entertained a pick pocket and second was at an ATM which I shouldn’t have been at anyways.

Petty crime is big here but the more dangerous stuff is in the Cape Flats and generally outside the City Bowl.

Don’t take rides, don’t entertain people who are trying to help you at ATMs or in any place. I got robbed each time by ‘kind’ people; don’t let people hustle/take advantage.

Be careful at night at: Long St, Bree St, Loop St, some areas of Green Point and all of Obs, Woodstock and don’t go to Salt River at night. This covers city bowl.

Costs

Exchange rate as of 14/06/2014 1USD ~ 10.6ZAR (Rand).

Things here are pretty cheap compared to overseas. Food is good, lots of quality restaurants. Shopping for clothes and tech is expensive due to customs.

Marlboro Lights $3.10
Double Gin & Tonic ~$4.50, same for most doubles, sometimes up to $7 at high end venues
Meal for 2 with wine, max $40 to eat well
Taxis are cheap as well, $1 per km.

Logistics

Cabs and Taxis are frequent- opt for cabs and make sure they put their meter. There is an app, Uber, where you can order taxis from your phone and you get picked up in a black 3 series or C Class with a suited up driver for $15.

I would highly suggest renting a car as it is relatively cheap and it makes life a lot easier as it alleviates you of the paranoia of public transport.

MyCiti buses are frequent and safe though; a good starting point.
Trains are dangerous after 5pm, would not advise.

People

Locals are very cliquey depending on venues. Foreigner effect doesn’t work as well as Eastern Europe or the rest of Africa. You guessed it, there’s a big foreign/tourist/intern/here-for-a-year or so community and being a foreigner has an effect yet- it’s super easy to make friends with foreigners.

There’s a lot of jocks, socialites, skaters/surfers and of course hipsters. Hipsters are everywhere. Everyone is willing to help out tourists and foreigners but be careful.

Races

According to wiki:

• Black African: 38.6%
• Coloured: 42.4%
• Indian/Asian: 1.4%
• White: 15.7%
• Other: 1.9%

In CBD:

• Black Africans: 50%
• Coloureds: 20%
• Whites: 30%

Accommodation

I would suggest backpackers if you’re 19 – 26. They have a lot of fun and it’s easy to connect and get laid. At the least you have a crew to go out with on your first few nights. Cape Town backpackers, Daddy Long Legs, Ashanti’s and Long St backpackers are the usual spots.

Apartments are rented out in the CBD (Centre) for decent prices and is the best option for anyone over 24. If you message me in time, I can likely find you a decent bachelor pad for a fortnight; more valuable than a hotel if you are not alone.

Otherwise, there’s a lot of great hotels here and the exchange rate allows for cheaper prices than what you would find in NA/European places.

Beaches

Camps bay and Clifton are the popular ones and they are busy as hell in the summer. Everyone has a 6 pack here. Keep in mind Clifton 2nd is the gay beach.

Muizenberg, Gordon’s Bay and a few spots on the West Coast are the surfing hubs.

Venues

Coffeeshops and daygame:

• Truth: Great daygame place, my bread and butter. I like to roll up with my notepad and sit next to any sexy little thing (there’s a long bench that allows for this). Easy discussion, bonus points if you go for a smoke and get them to look after your shit. Great coffee too and friendly staff

• Rick’s American Café: Great vibe, nice happy hour, a lot of cool people. Great for day2s

• Yours Truly: Hipster deluxe with hotties floating around. A lot of groups though.

• Deluxe: Small ass place but great coffee

• There’s also places in the Waterfront (but tourists) and Green Point (but homosexuals). Day game is easy in the Waterfront, a lot of girls do themselves up.

• Anything on Kloof St. and Camps Bay is good during the day. Upscale white people and trophy wives.

• Woodstock Exchange: Decent places but overpriced and hipsters. Lot’s of hotties on work break if you want to daygame.

• Sea Point Promenade in the summer is somewhat like a mini-Venice Beach. Skaters, joggers, street vendors and lots of quality getting some Vitamin D. Ice cream places are the best for daygame and the benches allow for good interactions. Met countless local and foreign girls here.

Bars (* denotes price range):

• The Grand ***
Upscale beach bar. Lots of hotties, reasonable door policy, worth the bottle service if you want to be a baller.

• Asoka **
Restaurant which turns into a bar- lots of foreign hotties and locals mixed. Good music usually, house and danceable tracks. On Kloof.

• Alba Lounge ***
Great day2 place- chilled lounge bar at the Waterfront with good cocktails. Classy place to take your daygame ladies.

• Orphanage ***
Best cocktails in town, hottest women, great music. I got this place on lockdown for a reason. On Bree St.

• Perseverance Tavern *
Oldest pub in CT- Great bar for sports and groups. Good place to have a few before hitting up the other bars. A lot of girls come on weekdays to have a drink after work. On Buitenkant St

• Forester's Arms **
Big local hub, in Newlands, Southern Suburbs. A lot of groups and couples but it is great for sports and casual dinners. Very popular amongst locals and the 'desperate housewives' crowd as it is in suburbia

• Bierhouse **
Largest choice of beer in Cape Town- attracts a lot of backpackers, locals and hipsters who love their craft beer. Mainly groups but smoking area is good for picking up hotties who are usually going elsewhere later, good for bouncing/making friends. On Long St.

• 169 **
This venue reminds me of a Las Ramblas bar, playing reggaeton, RnB and urban music. Lots of people 19-24 years of age and a lot of tourists as 169 is on Long St.

• Neighbourhood **
Also on Long St, good place for pre-drinks. Lots of women in groups (ladies night anyone?), free entry.

• Jackal and Hide **
Pumping house music, social smoking area and lots of hotties. May have to queue a while to get in if you’re not a local but it’s one of my top places for Friday nights. On Kloof.

• Caprice ***
One of the more exclusive places in CT, this is in Camps Bay. The who’s who of Cape Town comes here to be seen, has house music and platinum blondes and flammable women floating around. Status is king here, roll with your entourage.

• Dizzy’s *
3 mins from Caprice, a lot of the alternative crowd comes here for sport, pool and just to chill out. Easy girls but quality not so high.

• Jade Lounge ***
Upscale bar, in Green Point. Fag hags deluxe, but quality is present. Older crowd with money but definitely a good looking bunch.

• Dubliner *
The staple of every backpacker- full of foreigners and tourists. Cheap prices, easy girls, dirty nights. If this is your scene, you will clean up. In Long St.

• Rafiki’s *
Very popular local spot, now being saturated with tourists. Cheap prices, easy-going vibe and women in groups, so come here in a group for pre-drinks. First time I visited, there was a guy smoking a joint. Second time, I pulled in 45 mins, cold approach.

• Shack/Mercury *
Lower scale bar, a lot of skaters and rockers hang out here. Lots of pool tables and dirt cheap drinks. Girls are of questionable quality but it’s good for a few drinks.

Clubs

• Shimmy’s ***
Hot women, high prices, exclusive people. Entourage game recommended, the foreigners are easy but locals are difficult.

• Decodance *
80’s/90’s club in Sea Point (Main Rd)- I felt like I was in a Scarface scene coming here. Nothing special usually but a lot of girls come here in groups to dance to cheesy music.

• Bullion Bar **
Techno club open until 7am. It is dark so if you’ve had a few drinks, you will probably hook up with girls of questionable quality. Watch out for the prostitutes, they are entertaining but keep an eye out. Easy bangs nonetheless.

• 31 ***
On the 31st floor of the ABSA building, lots of house music and remixes. Hot women everywhere, great view and easy door policy- Usually R100 to get in but I always guestlist this spot. Cool staff.

• Fiction **
One of my favourites, not for the women but the music. If you enjoy electronic music i.e. techno, DNB, house and NOT EDM, this is your place. A lot of alternative girls and tourists. On Long St.

• Assembly **
Live acts, reasonable prices and very popular venue locally. Lots of jailbait, beware. On Harrington St.

• Dragon Room **
100m up the road from Assembly, hosts electronic events and has 3 rooms. Always quality girls but usually scenesters and hipsters.

• Tiger Tiger *
In Southern Suburbs, if you want to remind yourself of your University/College clubbing days. Lots of hot 18-22 year olds but the music is terrible and the place is filled with jock students. Logistically a nightmare if you’re in CBD.

I probably missed out a few places too.

I must admit, I have really enjoyed my time here. It makes an excellent break from the Northern Hemisphere winter, as I had a 11 month summer, arriving at the end of NH summer for SH summer.

It is a great place to work from if you have an online biz. The only expensive thing is rent, given the proportions of salaries here but you can definitely live a great lifestyle here. Internet is expensive too but everything else is cheap.

As usual, any questions, just fire away.

Messages In This Thread