rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

At what point does concern with physique/aesthetics become too much?

At what point does concern with physique/aesthetics become too much?

Personally, maintaining and improving my physique is really important. In all honesty, I think I'd probably go to the gym over working more, trying to stack cash, and (although I don't know how I did yet), might have done better in my exams if I'd spent less time lifting weights and mma etc.
For me, being in good shape makes me happy and every time I look in the mirror I feel proud, so it's hard to argue that I overprioritise it. But I think that being too concerned is when it shifts from a healthy "I can't wait to lift weights", or "I look good, maybe bigger traps needed", to being more neurotic and starting to beat yourself up too much about missing sessions or not looking good enough. So even a guy who is into working out could be on the right side of the line as long as its positive not negative motivation, and he has other interests. Being overly singular probably suggests excess concern.

Messages In This Thread