rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Cyber Attacked: A serious warning to those who go public

Cyber Attacked: A serious warning to those who go public

Damn, that sucks! I often worry that some white knights may try to do the same here and try to embarrass members by contacting people they know in real life.

I'd suggest everyone adjust the security settings of their FB accounts so that they are not indexed by search engines. Also make sure that your FB profile cannot be looked up by email search outside of your network(you can adjust that in the FB security settings). I would also not use the same email and/or pw for RVF that you use for your social media and personal email accounts. I don't know how secure MyBB Group is, but if a hacker breaks in and views your email address and password and you have that same email linked to your facebook, he may be able to use it to gain access to your account and friend list. And many people use the same password over and over for different sites because it's difficult to remember a million different logins for different sites. Don't do that! At least for the sensitive ones like this. There is also a setting where if someone tries to log in to your FB account from a computer you've never used, it sends your cell phone a text verification code that you must enter to login to FB. I'd suggest enabling that. If you only use FB on one or two computers you won't be inconvenienced. It's a good extra layer of security.

And it goes without saying, ALL your content on FB should be locked down. Nothing publicly viewable other than your main profile pic(which you can't hide from the public but doesn't have to show your face) and cover pic(which you can remove if you want). Keep in mind that if your cover pic has comments on it, those are publicly viewable to anyone and they can gather a list of some of your friends from that. If you want to truly go on lock, just delete cover pics since you don't have the option of making those non-public.

Whatever your icon is here, don't use that same icon on FB or any other social media. Someone could reverse image search your icon and get clues where else you are.

I doubt these hackers broke into FB, they have some of the best security professionals in the world. If these guys are that good, they should be making $200,000 a year working for the NSA rather than fucking with people's blogs. Most likely Nomad left a digital paper trail and didn't have private info on lock as well as he could. Totally sucks shit how many haters there are out there.

Messages In This Thread