rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Studying and gaming in San Diego as an Exchange Student

Studying and gaming in San Diego as an Exchange Student

Hi guys,

I love the forum, it's given me a lot to think about... and now i've finally registered on account of my trip to the US in a month and half.

I am an Australian student and have recently been accepted to go study in San Diego State University for the Fall Quarter coming up. I get a month to travel before and after so I will be in the US between mid July and Late January. I have plans to travel to Florida, New York, Colorado, Texas and maybe Mexico/Canada across the border. Pretty excited!

I hear a lot of good things about SDSU. Good parties, great weather, better girls. I don't think I'll be able to join a Frat or anything though.

I've created a POF account to get a feel of the dynamic with dating, women, and general culture over at San Diego. So far have a few leads to show me around when I get there... Californian girls are indeed good looking.

So I am currently in the process of looking into accommodation. I think I will be aiming for on-campus dorm housing, given I want the full college experience I'd never get back home. They look a bit small though, not sure how people get laid with their roommate sleeping 3 meters away from them. I also see there are meal plans available as well, which I am considering.

Anyway, I was wondering whether anyone could offer some advice about studying at SDSU, living in California, or maybe about the American College experience with a particular focus on game in general.

What's fitting in with a social group like? What are girls like? How important are looks, small/deep chat? How is travel around that area? Things to do, places to see?

On a side note, unfortunately I will be 20 years old while undertaking this exchange, so I don't see much luck with experiencing the drinking, bar and club scene, which could be fun, although i'm not a big night clubber due to fairly obvious cost-benefit reasons. I will have turned 21 later in my stay though... so maybe a 21st in Vegas?

My game at this stage is fairly mediocre. Though I am good looking, very hard working, athletic, fun and a good conversationalist when it comes to more intellectual topics (excuse my vanity), I feel I still have work to do with small chat, general social confidence and approach anxiety.

Any tips, heads up, extra information about what I should be privy to would be much appreciated.

I hope to be reporting back and keeping this as a bit of a journal for the next 6 months.

Thanks in advance

Messages In This Thread