rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Recurring Pain in shoulderblade from Weight Lifting

Recurring Pain in shoulderblade from Weight Lifting

Quote: (06-04-2014 04:47 PM)Blunt Wrote:  

Yup. You probably need to strengthen a muscle on your scapula. Lookup the exercise 'pushup plus', it is designed exactly for this purpose.

Do more barbell rows and stop benching for a couple weeks to achieve balance.

Very important : before you lay on the bench squeeze your shoulder blades together and keep them that way when you lay down, so as to make a 'shelf' or stable 'base' to keep your shoulders in line while pressing. This will get easier as you strengthen your shoulder blade muscles.

You probably also need to strengthen your rear deltoids, try doing internal and external rotations with a cable and 'facepulls'.

Mentally, try to think of keep your shoulder blades 'down' and 'back' (squeezed together) when doing lifts involving the shoulders and chest.

What Lizard said about posture during the day is also very important,

Ok. I've never paid attention to my shoulder blades during exercises. I will do that for a while. Will try the barbell rows. I usually do the rowing thing where you put plates on it and lay at a 45 degree angle and pull it up towards you. I do 2x45lb plates on it. This thing.

Messages In This Thread