rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Histamine Intolerance

Histamine Intolerance

Quote: (06-05-2014 12:37 PM)CPTR Wrote:  

Thanks Amityn and SteveCr,

I had the same problems like you steve, I will try to stay away from those.

But how come spicy food gives a histamine reaction? I seem to react to it as well. No diet mentions it.

I'm taking in vitamin B6 pills and eating lots of fruit/vegetables, although some should be avoided..

All spicy food causes a histamine reaction because, well, it just does. The capsaicin in peppers is what causes the hot and spicy sensation that we like. Well, that hot/spicy sensation is the histamine reaction. It's your body attacking the capsaicin. Capsaicin is the pepper's defense mechanism to protect itself. For some reason, we really enjoy that defense mechanism.

I still haven't figured out what caused all of this, or if my body will ever heal itself and be able to handle the food it used to. Until then, I keep my diet incredibly clean. I feel amazing because of it, but sometimes I would just like to be able to eat normal again.

Messages In This Thread